This is a permanent visa for people who have an internationally recognised record of exceptional and outstanding achievement in an eligible field and be nominated by an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, eligible New Zealand citizen, or Australian organisation with a national reputation in relation to your area of talent.
Eligible fields include:
- A profession
- A sport
- The arts
- Academia and Research
With this visa, you can
- Stay in Australia permanently
- Work and study in Australia
- Enrol in Australia's public health care scheme, Medicare
- Sponsor your relatives to come to Australia
- Travel to and from Australia for 5 years
- If eligible, apply for Australian Citizenship
How long you can stay
- This is a permanent visa. It lets you stay in Australia indefinitely. You become a permanent resident on the day we grant the visa.
- You can include members of the family unit when you apply. You can also add family to your application at any time before application is decided.
- If you are under 18 years old, you can include: a parent members of the family unit of that parent
- The applications are assessed on a case-by-case basis, and actual processing times can vary due to individual circumstances including:
- whether you have lodged a complete application, including all necessary supporting documents
- how quickly you respond to any requests for additional information
- how long it takes to perform required checks on the supporting information provided
- how long it takes to receive additional information from external agencies, particularly in relation to health, character, and national security requirements
- You can travel to and from Australia for 5 years from the date of grant of the visa. After 5 years you will need a Resident Return (RRV) visa (subclass 155 or 157) to re-enter Australia as a permanent resident.