This visa stream lets you visit New Zealand for a holiday, business/work or join family for up to 3, 6 or 9 months.
It is mainly classified under the following categories:
- Visit for Holiday
- Business visitor stream
- Join Family
This visa is for you if you want to come to New Zealand as a tourist, visit family and friends, or study a short course. You’ll need enough money to support yourself and everyone included in your application during your stay.
Some visitors and transit passengers can travel to New Zealand without a visa if they get an NZeTA (New Zealand Electronic Travel Authority) before they travel.
- You must show that you’re a genuine tourist or visitor and intend to leave New Zealand at the end of your stay.
- You must have enough money to live on while you’re in New Zealand or have an acceptable sponsor.
- You must have a ticket to leave New Zealand or be sponsored for the cost of your onward travel.
- Immigration New Zealand charges of this visa for Single applicant is NZD 246 and for Couple is NZD 281.
- If you are a passport holder of a visa waiver country you must hold an NZeTA before you travel and an NZeTA request costs NZD $9 on our free app, or NZD $12 if completed online
How long can I stay on this visa?
- Depending on your plans, up to 9 months.
With this visa you can
- Visit friends and family explore New Zealand or enjoy amateur sports or adventure activity.
- Include your partner, and dependent children aged 19 and under, in your visa application.
- Study for up to 3 months.
After this Visa you can apply for another Visitor Visa, or one of our student or work visas.