- Skills assessments are issued by relevant skills assessing authorities. A skill assessing authority is an organisation that checks that your skills meet the standards they set to work in a relevant occupation.
- The combined list of eligible skilled occupations sets out all relevant occupations under 4 occupation lists. Most occupations in each list have their own skills assessing authority.
- We at IME Advisors ensure that you obtain a skill assessment which is issued by the relevant assessing authority. Each assessing authority has its own assessment procedures, timeframes and charges.
- Obtaining a suitable skills assessment is mandatory for some visa subclasses (and streams) and may be requested for others. Professionals at IME Advisors can help you determine if you need to submit a skills assessment and when you need to obtain it.
You might need a skills assessment if you apply for the following visas and streams:
1. General Skilled Migration (GSM) visas
- Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189) — Points tested stream
- Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190)
- Skilled Regional (provisional) visa (subclass 489) — Invited Pathway
- Skilled Work Regional (provisional) visa (subclass 491)
2. Employer Sponsored Visas
3. Temporary Skill Shortage Visa (TSS)
4. Temporary Graduate Visa (Subclass 485) – Graduate Work Stream
We at IME Advisors specialize in dealing with the following skills assessing authorities:
- AACA – Architects Accreditation Council of Australia, Inc
- AASW – Australian Association of Social Workers
- ACS – Australian Computer Society
- AIM – Australian Institute of Management
- AIMS – Australian Institute of Medical Scientists
- AITSL – Australian Institute of Teaching and School Leadership
- AIQS – Australian Institute of Quantity Surveyors
- AIWCW – Australian Institute of Welfare and Community Workers
- ANCI – Australian Nursing Council Incorporated
- APEC – Australian Pharmacy Examining Council Inc
- ASCPA – Australian Society of Certified Practising Accountants
- CPA Australia – Chartered Professional Accounting Australia
- EA – Engineers Australia
- ICAA – Institute of Chartered Accountants of Australia
- IPA – Institute of Public Accountants
- ISA – Institution of Surveyors, Australia
- TRA – Trades Recognition Australia
- VETASSESS – Vocational Education and Training Assessment Services